Home  >  Wines  >  Red Wines

2006 La Rioja Alta Vina Alberdi Reserve Wine
Medium crimson-colored, it has a fragrant perfume of cedar, tobacco, spice box, and red fruits. This is followed by an elegant wine with ample sweet fruit, excellent balance, and a pure finish. It will evolve for another 2-3 years and drink well through 2015.


La Rioja Alta - It is not traditional in the Rioja for the great bodegas to own vineyards, but La Rioja Alta S.A. currently has 300 ha (741 acres) in order to control and secure grapes of the highest quality, most of them in the subarea of Rioja Alta and Rioja Alavesa. They also buy grapes from their long term suppliers. The maximum production of their vineyards is 5,300 kg/ha. (36.50 Hl./Ha.), 20% lower than the authorised production in La Rioja, increasing the quality of their grapes. Their vineyards are planted on Clay-Marl soil in the Rioja Alta subarea: at Rodezno, Briones, Cenicero, Fuenmayor etc., and Labastida in Rioja Alavesa. 80% of the vines are pruned "on wires" and the remaining 20% in "goblet shape".

Cellars Wine Club | 1.800.256.9853
© 1995-2013 Cellars Wine Club. ALL RIGHTS RESERVED. cellarswineclub.com and logo are trademarks of Evalesco, Inc. Mark Ihrig